Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ribbon Blankets


I love to feel creative and that is a little difficult when I don't draw, sing or act. Instead I sew and cook. I love the feel of fabric and all the thoughts that enter my mind when I see and feel fine fabric. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all my ideas and don't get anything done. While I am up here in Michigan, my goal to to work on some of the projects that I have the supplies for.

I decided to make ribbon blankets for babies. I brought up north with me some incredibly soft and cuddly minkee fabric as well as some washed and oh so soft flannel to coordinate with it. I thought I had all my ribbons up here but instead only had a few. Off to WalMart I went to see what they. With my purchases in hand, it was time to cut out the fabrics, pin on the ribbons and see what I could come up with. Here is the end result. I hope to have many made for the summer craft shows up here. Let me know if you like them.

1 comment:

  1. These are a really cute idea! Good luck at the shows with them!!!

    ReplyDelete