Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Simple but Delicious Dinner







My in-laws live a few doors down from us and Darrell and I try to help out with cooking. My mother-in-law was a wonderful cook but as she got older, cooking became more difficult for her. My father-in-law does the cooking now and it is a treat for them both when we cook them a meal or invite them over to our house. They are most appreciative of our efforts and never leave without making sure that we know how much they enjoy our meals. Tonight I needed to use some ground hamburg. We had burgers last night and I didn't want to repeat that. My mother loved my Hawaiian meatballs and I thought that I would make that tonight. I added a tomato and fresh mozzarella cheese salad with cucumbers, purple onion and parsley. I'm proud to say that the tomatoes, cucumbers and parsley came from my small garden. I drizzles Briana's Blush salad dressing over it. Mmmm good! Here's the recipe for the Hawaiian Meatballs:




Hawaiian Meatballs

1 ½ lb ground beef
2/3 c cracker crumbs
1/3 c minced onion
1 egg
1 ½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ginger
¼ c milk
1 TBS shortening
Mix beef, crumbs, onion, egg, ginger, salt and milk. Shape into meatballs and cook in skillet with shortening. Drain fat.




Sauce
2 TBS soy sauce
4 TBS cornstarch
1 c brown sugar
1/3 c vinegar
1 can 13 oz pineapple tibbits, drained (saved syrup). If no tibbits, then buy chunks and cut them up


Mix cornstarch, sugar and stir in pineapple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce till smooth. Pour into skillet and stir until thick and boiling. Add meatballs and pineapples




2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy mom! I'm loving the new blog, such a great idea! You should even post pictures of some of your dresses, keychains, purses etc. for people to see :)

    ReplyDelete